Saturday, April 23, 2005

"ARTISTS"

a bunch of people have told me to put up a picture of me and my paintings on my site...and I have checked out a bunch of other artists' sites and have seen them with pictures of themselves and of their art work all over their sites...along with a mini novel about their "artists statement" i just dont get it...who cares what i look like and also for that matter who cares what i think about my photos or why i do or what i don’t... I take pictures, I paint ,thats what i do, they mean something to me, sometimes their meaning doesnt even hit me til a year later, hell sometimes there is no meaning, its just a nice photo.or a painting ..but its for me, others think what they want about them...but isnt that the point of art? to have youre work touch people in which ever way it may? I am not the one to tell people what it is about or how it should make them feel or how it should be viewed, its just how I view/freeze the world at certain times/moments...you either like it or not...THATS THE POINT!!!

Anywho, to each his own, this is just my view or i guess in its own sense, i am guilty of what i am writing about, this is kinda an artists statement...oh well but not the one on my site.

P.S But it doesn’t mean I will not put my paintings on my site :P

2 comments:

Auzzie said...

Ditto !!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »